Start date: 07 September 2023
Duration: 2 day course
Cost: Member €170 | Non-Member €225
Course code: FARKHSG
This course is perfect for anyone who is required to act as first aider in their place of work, community group, voluntary organisation and in the home. It is also a fantastic introduction to providing emergency care and using a defibrillator.
This PHECC accredited First Aid Response course awards certificates which are valid for 2 years. A 2 day refresher course is required after two years to stay in certification.
Upon completion of a recognised First Aid Response course the student will be able to:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre- hospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such pre-hospital emergencies utilising their training and education.
- Respond in a safe, effective, and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid Response skill set.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to and managing such incidents and during handover to emergency medical services.
- Retain a caring attitude in their role as First Aid Responders. The learning objectives in the Standard refer to the management of adults and children unless stated otherwise.
Who is the course for
This course is perfect for anyone who is required to act as first aider in their place of work, community group, voluntary organisation and in the home.
There are eight modules in the Occupational First Aid Course:
- First aid in the workplace.
- Patient assessment.
- Respiratory emergencies.
- Cardiac first response.
- Wounds and bleeding
- Altered levels of consciousness
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock
Kennedy Health and Safety Group’s selected Trainers & Consultants are past and present Professional Emergency Services Personnel with over 25 years experience. Over the past 10 years they have provided their services mainly here in Ireland however a planned expansion of service provision to Europe and beyond is now at a well advanced stage with the help of their selected partner program and Online Learning.