Start date: 23 October 2023
Duration: 5 weeks. (Tues and Thurs 6.30pm-9.30pm and Saturday 9.30am-3.30pm)
Certificate: Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Transport Management
Cost: RRP €850 / Member €595
Course code: ISMCPC
The course is designed to fulfil the EU regulations for Professional Competence for those aiming to either run their own road transport operations or function as company transport managers for existing businesses in Road Haulage or Road Passenger operations. Therefore, delegates who are seeking to attend training should be aware that the course is an intensive and comprehensive one and focuses on nine principal areas:
- Introduction to Road Haulage and Road Passenger transport operations, setting up a business.
- Access to the Road Transport Market (Haulage and Passenger)
- Road Transport Operations Management (Haulage and Passenger)
- Vehicle Licencing regulations (Haulage and Passenger)
- Financial Accounting regulations
- Vehicle Technical specification regulations (Haulage and Passenger)
- Civil, Commercial and Social law and legal regulations
- International Transport agreements and licences (Haulage and Passenger)
- Vehicle Road Safety, Tachograph Regulations, Working Time Directive, Vehicle Maintenance, Inspections, CVORI and
other regulations (Haulage and Passenger).
Who is the course for
The training course aims to develop the skills of those who wish to function as a registered Transport Manager or to up-skill those who seek to become owner-operators within the Road Haulage or Road Passenger industries within Ireland or the EU.
ISM is an approved training provider of this course and is registered with the Department of Transport in Ireland and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (Ire).