Website Data Protection Policy & Privacy Statement
What is this Data Protection Policy & Privacy Statement for?
This Data Protection Policy & Privacy Statement is for this website www.M1skillnet.ie and served by Drogheda & District Chamber and governs the privacy of its users who choose to use it.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Our website is designed to protect the privacy of all users.. We are committed to protecting your privacy and managing your personal information in a secure environment. The website has been developed with your rights and needs in mind and will be maintained according to strict guidelines and policies. This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all Republic of Ireland national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights regarding receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with Irish Data Protection Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1988 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include: the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list]. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with Irish Data Protection Laws and the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 2003, subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will by detailed instead.
We will keep you informed about the sort of personal information we hold and for what purposes, and how we collect, use and disclose this information. You can request to access and correct any information that M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet collects about you at any time and advise us of any corrections you wish to make.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites).
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through our advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform, respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution regarding their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Skillnet Ireland Trainee Privacy Statement
This Skillnet Ireland Trainee Privacy Statement describes how Skillnet Ireland use the trainee personal data collected at Network Events & Trainings.https://www.skillnetireland.ie/data-protection/skillnet-ireland-trainee-privacy-statement/
M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet use of the Trainee Profile Form
M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet is a Data Processor for this information. The Trainee Profile Form is used by Skillnet Ireland and M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet (the “Learning Network”) to collect information relating to participants on training programmes partially or fully-funded by Skillnet Ireland from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science (DFHRIS). Skillnet Ireland is mandated by the DFHRIS to monitor and evaluate training programmes and to ensure that funds are being used appropriately.
Skillnet Ireland and the Learning Network will comply with all applicable Data Protection Legislation in the processing of the information and personal data provided by you in this Form.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Delivering Skillnet Ireland training programmes via the Learning Network.
- Monitoring the training programmes of the Learning Network. Skillnet Ireland is required by the DFHRIS to perform compliance reviews, evaluations of the training programmes, quality assurance and to verify attendance at training. You may be contacted either by telephone or email for these purposes.
- For the purposes of providing aggregated statistical information to the DFHRIS to help inform national policy in relation to skills.
You may be contacted by third parties, contracted by Skillnet Ireland to perform monitoring and evaluation activities for these specific purposes only.
M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet use of the Trainee Evaluation Form
M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet collates information from participants on both our events and on our training programmes. The purpose of this is to:
- Learn from Experience for Future Improvement.
- To determine the effectiveness of training programs in order to improve future programs.
- To help us learn from experience of past training programs. For example, we may want to know which parts of the training were successful and which not, or whether the approach to the training should be changed. We can use these lessons learned to improve plans for future training programs.
- To determine whether the objectives of the training were achieved.
- To see how the knowledge and skills learned in the training are put into practice.
- To assess the results and impacts of the training programs.
- To assess the effectiveness of the training programs.
- To assess whether the training programs were properly implemented.
- To identify the strengths and weaknesses of the training programs.
- To assess whether the training programs were suitable in terms of the training contents, timing, participants and other aspects.
- To find problems of the training programs and solutions for improvement.
- To improve accountability as a training agency by reporting the evaluation results of training programs
- To gather data to assist in marketing future programs.
- To determine whether the program was an appropriate solution for the specific need.
Once evaluations have been collated the feedback is delivered to the M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet Steering Group who discuss the feedback and make changes to the delivery of their training programmes, their choice of events, their venues and their training providers in line with the recommendations in the feedback. All Evaluation Forms are then destroyed and disposed of carefully.
Retention Period of Trainee Profile Forms and Evaluation Forms
When the trainee profile forms are received they are entered into the government Sonrai system and then destroyed and disposed of safely. This process usually is completed within 2 weeks. Evaluation form feedback is monitored, entered into a feedback sheet for the steering group meeting and the forms are destroyed and disposed of safely. This process is completed within 1 week. In the interim all forms will be kept securely locked in a filing cabinet.
M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet Privacy Statement demonstrates our firm’s commitment to privacy.
M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet wants to ensure, to our best efforts, that any information you give us remains private and is used only for the purposes outlined in this policy.
M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your consent. We will let you know what we intend doing with your information before collecting it, so that you can decide whether to furnish that information to us. Where you volunteer information by emailing us or by using online feedback forms, such information will only be used in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
Handling of Client Information
When you provide M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet with your personal information, this will be held strictly in accordance with the above Privacy Statement. We will inform you when and for what purpose we will be collecting personal information and how the information will be used, and will clearly indicate what information is necessary to access M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet products and services including transactions. In addition we may offer you the opportunity to provide further information so that M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet can provide you with improved and personalised services. Provision of this additional information is completely at your discretion, and you may decide to not provide it to us.
If your information is no longer needed by us, we will take all reasonable steps to permanently remove personal identification from the information collected about you.
M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet may automatically record other information as well. This information is used to improve the structure and performance of M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet’s website in order to provide you with better services. Whenever a page is requested from our web server, M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet records the time, date and URL of the request, along with information on the browser software that is being used.
We will not use your personal information or data for a purpose other than the purposes for which you supplied it, and will not disclose it to any other person or organisation unless:
- The information is necessary to conduct a transaction between you and that person or organisation and that transaction has been requested by you; or
- We are required by law to do so; or
- There are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
- That person or organisation is an agent or contractor providing a service to M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet, who will be required to maintain the same or similar privacy principles as specified in privacy legislation; or
- You have given us consent to do so.
M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date. M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently “de-identify” personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
Where M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet holds personal information about you, it will provide you with access to the information on request, in a form or manner suitable to your reasonable needs, except to the extent that:
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual.
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals.
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
- the information relates to existing legal dispute resolution proceedings between M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet and you, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
- providing access would reveal the intentions of M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations.
- providing access would be unlawful.
- denying access is specifically authorised by law.
- providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity.
- providing access would be likely to prejudice: the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of: criminal offences.
- breaches of a law imposing a penalty or sanction.
- the enforcement of laws relating to the confiscation of the proceeds of crime.
- the protection of the public revenue.
- the prevention, detection, investigation or remedying of Seriously Improper Conduct.
- preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of its orders; by or on behalf of an enforcement agency.
- Any Legal, statutory or an enforcement agency performing a lawful national security function asks M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet not to provide access on the basis that providing access would be likely to cause damage to the national security of Ireland.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons. Transmissions sent to or from M1 Drogheda Chamber Skillnet are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2003/2426/contents/made