The 1-day course takes a fresh look at the key steps in a robust telesales process including preparing for the call, using effective scripts, the sales pitch, overcoming objections and advanced closing techniques to ensure the entire team are delivering a clear, consistent and compelling sales message. Finally, the course covers how staff can best use their communication skills to understand their customers better and to make the most of each interaction with the customer.
By the end of the course each learner will be able to:
- Understand the importance of thorough planning and preparation
- Take a best-practice approach to the telesales process
- Use advanced communication skills to make the most of each interaction with the client
- Use their influencing skills to control and guide calls with clients
- Have more confidence dealing with difficult situations and deadlock
- Have a personal action plan to apply learning back on the job
Below you will find a proposed course outline detailing all the topics covered on the training programme
Who is the course for
Telesales & Call Centre Personnel
TOPIC 1: WHAT DO WE WANT FROM THE CALL?
- The importance of preparation for yourself, your product and your client!
- Identifying the most to gain and the least acceptable
- Developing ways of measuring call success
TOPIC 2: GETTING PAST BLOCKERS
- Who are they?
- Why do they do what they do?
- Developing an empathy, working in cooperation not confrontation
- Examples of techniques that work
TOPIC 3: SELLING SKILLS
- Rapport building – developing a connection with your customers
- Asking high-value questions
- Active listening skills
- Handling Objections – the most common objections and how to handle them
TOPIC 4: TALKING THE RIGHT WAY
- Demonstrating confidence
- Pacing and using silence correctly
- Listening deeply and using relevant questions to create involvement
Making the call a pleasure – for all involved!