This is a four-day course which runs on the on a Tuesday every three weeks on the following dates: March 5th, 26th, April 16th and May 7th. It is a QQI Certified Level 6 Training Delivery & Evaluation training programme which covers the nature of training, improving presentation and training skills, the trainer's role, individual learning styles and best practice methods for evaluating training sessions.
Self-directed learning and assessment work are required after the course to achieve QQI Accreditation. At the end of the course each learner will be equipped with tools to train people to a high standard and start training immediately.
By the end of the course each learner will have:
- Been introduced to the Training Cycle and understood the importance of TNI & Design as critical elements to the delivery and evaluation of the broad spectrum of training interventions.
- Outlined the concepts and theories underlying the delivery and evaluation of training interventions.
- Explored the elements which impact on the effectiveness of a training session to include the learning environment, the trainer, learning methodologies, and the group dynamics of participants.
- Demonstrated an awareness of a range of issues to include equality, diversity and disability in the context of current legislation.
- Appraised a range of evaluation models, tools and techniques used in a training intervention.
- Delivered appropriate training content and materials using a range of training aids.
- Applied a range of training delivery and evaluation skills in the delivery of a training session
Who is the course for
This course is aimed at learners looking for guidance on the effective planning and delivery of training in office, shop floor, retail, factory, hotel, laboratory or other workplace situations.
Module 1: PLANNING YOUR TRAINING SESSION
- Structuring your day – scheduling breaks/energisers/activities
- Types of activities to schedule based on time of day
- The best time to conduct reviews and summaries
- Developing professional slides
- How to design handouts
- How to engage learners
Module 2: DELIVERY SKILLS
- Developing confidence and overcoming nerves
- Questioning and listening techniques
- Your professional image – professional slides/effective speaking skills
- Building rapport with your learners
- How to motivate learners and keep your courses fun and exciting
- The “survival” skills needed to succeed in training.
- Dealing with difficult delegates
Module 3: EVALUATING TRAINING PROGRAMMES
- Models of evaluation
- Design your own evaluation forms
- Gathering evaluation data
- Analysing the results obtained from training
- Determine training problems and improvements
- Preparing an evaluation report
- Providing written and verbal feedback
What is QQI Quality and Qualifications Ireland)?
QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland) is responsible for the development and review of the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ). QQI was established to combine the standalone agencies of FETAC, HETAC and NQAI. This means that awards previously offered as FETAC Level 6 have been revised, redesigned and are now QQI Level 6 awards.
Award Type and Credit Value for this Course
Training Delivery and Evaluation is a Level 6 Minor Award. It sits at Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), and carries 15 credits. The course code is 6N3326.
How Do I Get Certified?
Learners must attend all 4 Day QQI Level 6 Training Delivery and Evaluation Course
- Skills Demonstration – 40% + Assignment – 40% + Learner Record – 20%
- Complete Self-Directed Learning & Accompanying Assessment Work
- Submit your Assessment Work
- You must submit your assessment work within 6 weeks of completing your training to achieve Your QQI Certification
- You will receive your QQI approximately 3 to 4 months after you have submitted your assessment work