This course provides learners with the key skills to develop the confidence and capacity to deliver compelling and influential presentations with confidence. The course will provide learners with a strategy for taking the focus off their nerves by being knowledgeable, well-practised and prepared. The course also focuses on understanding the audience you are presenting to and how you can prepare the right content for them and keep them engaged throughout.
By the end of the course each learner will be able to:
- Have more confidence speaking/presenting to large groups
- Use storytelling to support their message
- Adapt their presentation/speech to suit each audience
- Make effective use of visual aids to support their message
- Understand the impact body language has on the presentation process
- Identify key areas they need to work on to improve their presentations/speeches
Who is the course for
This course is for anyone who need to do presentations as part of their job roles, at company/charity events, sales pitches, trainers/lecturers/speakers, anyone that simply has to stand up in front of others..
Planning and Delivery
- Three key factors that can make anyone a successful presenter
- The importance of identifying a clear objective – What’s Your Point?
- Structuring your presentation with the result in mind
- Determining your audience and their level of understanding
- Selecting material for quality not quantity
- What holds an audience’s attention and what sends them to sleep
- Dealing with delivery nerves
Structuring a professional Powerpoint Presentation – The Dos and Don’ts
- Structuring your Presentation
- Introductions with impact
- Creating clear benefits for your audience – What’s in it for me – Why do I listen or engage?
- Structuring your content clearly
- Headlines, body and summary
- Clearing out clutter
- Using persuasive language
- Use of pauses and silence.
- Closing the presentation memorably.
- Reinforcing the Must Know Take Away points
- Standing and gesturing to look confident and credible
- Vocal skills to give authority and projection to the voice
- You are the presentation not PowerPoint
- Question and answer sessions: Handling them concisely
- Tips on using visual aids effectively
- Practice sessions: with feedback