This is a new and innovative offer developed to save your business real time and money.
We are combining the Manual Handling instructor AND the VDU assessor programme into one series. It seemed like common sense as we were assessing the potential as it's generally the same person that does both.
This course will run QQI Level 6 Component Special Purpose Award is designed to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to design and deliver Manual Handling training in the workplace.
The course is delivered by Health and Safety tutors with a guest tutor who specialises in Physiotherapy/Physical Therapy.
The course is delivered in line with the standard as laid down in the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 – Chapter 4 of Part 2: Manual Handling of Loads.
Day 1: - in training centre 9:30 – 5:00
Day 2: - online 9:30 – 1:00
Day 3: - online 9:30 – 1:00
Day 4: - online 9:30 – 1:00
Day 5: - online 9:30 – 1:00
Day 6: - online 9:30 – 1:00
Day 7: - online 9:30 – 1:00
Day 8: - in training centre 9:30 – 5:00
The training is delivered in a method that is easily assimilated by the learner and, at the same time, ensuring that all learning outcomes are achieved
By the end of this course learners will:
- Understand Legislative Requirements and Health Benefit
- Have a Clear Understanding of Anatomy and Back Care
- Understand Ergonomic Principles and Risk Assessment
- Be Aware of Manual Handling Principles and Techniques
- Be Able to Plan and Design Manual Handling Training Programmes
Who is the course for
- Any industry who has identified Moving and Handling as a Health & Safety Risk and wishes to train a member of staff to deliver Manual Handling Training to existing and new employees.
- Health & Safety Officers/Representatives who already deliver training in their workplaces and wish to add to their skills
- Self-employed instructors who wish to gain another instructor qualification
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Legislation – Manual Handling
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Anatomy of the Spine
- Injury of the Spine
- Fitness, Flexibility and Exercise
- Biomechanics of Manual Handling
- Principles of Manual Handling
- Back Care Advice
- Communication & Presentation skills
- Manual Handling Programme
- Manual Handling Policy
This program is being designed to be delivered in a blended methodology by EMS & Associates.
>> 2 full days in class | 6 half days on-line (MS Teams) | 3 hours eLearning <<
Full COVID Safety protocols will be applied.
The first day and the last day are instructor led in class – the last day being the assessment day.