Start date: 26 November 2018
Duration: 2 Days (9am-4.30pm) Nov 26th, Nov 27th
Location: The Mill Enterprise Hub, New Road Link, Greenhills, Drogheda, Co Louth
Cost: RRP €345 / Non-Member €278 / Member €222 Fee inc tea/coffee & Light Lunch
Course code: N/A
This 2-day workshop delves into the methods of Lean and Six Sigma. These approaches to process improvement reduce waste, boost productivity and increase overall profitability. Lean Six Sigma can be successfully implemented in organisations of every size and in all sectors of industry. The aim of this 2-day Yellow Belt course is to improve the understanding and awareness of learners in lean processes and techniques.
By the end of the course each learner will be able to:
- Understand history and reasons for Lean six sigma
- Understand the concepts, tools and principles of Lean
- Understand the Six Sigma philosophy, the DMAIC methodology and the tools and techniques used in Six Sigma.
- Have an understanding of the similarities, differences and practical applications of both Six Sigma and Lean approaches.
- Take part in small projects using the basic understanding of tools
- Gain an understanding of how Lean Six Sigma can be integrated into the company’s management systems
- Identify some initial criteria and guidelines for selecting, reviewing and evaluating Lean Six Sigma projects.
- Have a practical understanding of how these programs can be applied to deliver an effective continuous improvement program to reduce waste and variation in the business.
Below you will find a proposed course outline detailing all the topics covered on the training programme.
Who is the course for
The course is aimed at staff across manufacturing, financial, pharmaceutical and other industries, wishing to understand how Lean Six Sigma can be used to deliver process improvement projects in the work place.
Module 1: Define and Measure
- Six Sigma, DMAIC methodology, Lean Systems, Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Identify waste and understand the 8 Lean Waste Streams
- Define a problem or a statement, use a Project Charter and Project Schedule
- Introduction to SIPOC and VOC
- Stakeholder Communication Plan
- Introduction to Process Mapping
- Collecting and Measuring Data, Control and Pareto Charts
Module 2: Analyse and Improve
- Team techniques
- Cause-Effect Diagrams
- Prioritise potential causes
- Decision making tools
Module 3: Control
- Visual Management
- Review and Action on a continuous basis PDCA