This highly interactive one day course is perfect for anybody who wants to develop their own Emotional Intelligence, explore their own real life situations using EI tips and hints and to perform at their best.
This course explores the foundational principles of Emotional Intelligence and helps participants to develop their personal leadership skills, enabling them to perform and lead at their best, and connect with others in a more meaningful way.
By the end of the course each learner will have:
- A clear understanding of how working relationships can be improved
- An insight into the emotions which shape their own and others’ behaviours
- The ability to control and deal with their emotions
- The skills to read and respond effectively to the emotions of others
- An understanding of how to build empathetic relationships with others
Below you will find a proposed course outline detailing all the topics covered on the training programme.
Who is the course for
This course is suitable for anyone who works within a team, manages or supervises a team or is a business owner. It teaches us how to understand one another and therefore to communicate in a better way
TOPIC 1: WHAT IS EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE?
- Defining Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- EI Core competencies and benefits
TOPIC 2: BUILDING YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- Self-Assessment – your personal strengths and weaknesses
- Importance of self-awareness for development
- Your emotional responses and their impact on others
- How feedback can help to make us more self-aware
TOPIC 3: HOW TO RESPOND TO OTHERS’ EMOTIONS
- Cultivating awareness of others’ emotions
- Building rapport with a broad range of people
- Managing and engaging emotions within your team
- Building emphatic relationships
TOPIC 4: WHY RELATIONSHIPS SUCCEED OR FAIL
- Building and managing internal and external relationships
- Communicating with and influencing others for enhanced results
- Managing conflicts with others – including feedback and difficult conversations
- Developing others using emotional coaching
Justine is a professional, highly experienced trainer and executive coach specializing in Emotional Intelligence. Justine has over ten years’ experience coaching individuals, from executives to front line staff from many different sectors. She has written and delivered training workshops in Emotional Intelligence to Senior Leaders and High Performing Teams