Remote Working is Here to STAY! Learn how to lead your team, increase communication, motivation and employee engagement on this training course
The aim of the training is to work on preparing leaders and their people for the remote working environment; developing key communication skills, relationship management techniques, practical tools and solutions for effectively operating in remote working arrangements.
The training will use reflection and self-development techniques to address the areas of communication, trust, culture wellbeing and individual differences in Remote Working and consider and reflect on key actions required to ensure successful remote working.
On completion of this programme Participants will be able to:
- Reflect on personal management and communication styles and how these impact on remote workers.
- Learn how to support collaborative remote working.
- Develop tools for effective communication and collaboration with remote workers.
- Develop skills in building trusting working relationships.
- Explore well-being in the remote working context.
- Reflect on and develop personal action plans for building your own management capacity
Who is the course for
The training is aimed at new and existing managers and team leaders of teams with remote workers and those keen to explore remote work arrangements. The training is tailored to consider the needs of managers and team leaders managing partly or fully remote employees, operating in partially or fully remote organisations.
Please note this programme is fully online and delivery time will be agreed with the client.
- Introductions, Objectives and Agenda
- Introduction to Remote Work: Types, Prevalence, Benefits and Challenges.
- Personality and Remote Working: Type theory and impact on communication, well-being, feedback for Remote Working, self-reflection and strategy identification to deal with potential challenges.
- Culture and Remote Work: Examine and understand how culture supports or impedes the roll out of remote arrangements.
- Adapting to a changed work environment and how to help your team cope with Covid 19 impacts on the workplace.
- Tools: Types of tools used in Remote Working and how these can be harnessed effectively, including self-assessment of tools used, effectiveness and potential gaps.
- Communication and Collaboration in Remote Work: Emphasis on role of communication, focus on tips for communication remotely, stakeholder identification and management, differences between communication and collaboration.
- Building Relationships and Trust: Role of trust, iterative nature of trust and how trust can be intentionally fostered in remote working relationships, expectations and responsibilities in remote working relationships.
- Psychological Safety in Remote Teams: Examining remote team formation, agility and psychological safety- how to work effectively together in a Remote Work environment.
- Performance Management: Examining best practice in delivering feedback and tracking performance in remote working arrangements.
- Well-being: Exploring boundary theory, time management, work environment and social needs and supports.
- Fun in the Remote Environment – a few team building activities suggestions
Rosamund (Rocky) O’Halloran MBA,
Rocky O’Halloran is an associate with CJHNetwork and provides support to clients in Leadership, Team Development and one to one coaching. She has 30 plus years’ experience in leadership and people management roles in large multinational service organisations as well as local and regional high-tech management companies. She has extensive first-hand experience leading Customer Service and Service Delivery organisations across Europe, Asia and the United States. Rocky is adept at addressing business and cultural challenges in remote working environments, be it technical malfunctions or natural phenomena causing significant work disruptions. If there’s been a work environment issue large or small, Rocky has seen it and solved it.
Rocky brings exceptional and diverse skills and experience in finance, cross functional team management and leadership, service delivery, business process improvement, customer service, internal controls and business development on a global and national scale. She also has expertise in training development and delivery across multiple disciplines in numerous countries and business functions. Additional skills include business process outsourcing, vendor management, Lean Six Sigma, business transformation, management consulting, customer relationships, operational excellence, managed print services, business case development and project management.
Rocky attended university in the United States on a tennis scholarship and holds a Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting and Information Systems and an Executive Master of Business Administration from the University of Texas. She also qualified as a Certified Public Accountant in the US. Rocky is currently studying for a Diploma in Executive and Leadership Coaching with The Coaching and Mentoring Programme and will complete this in December 2020.
While she’s not working and creating a new career in Leadership Development and Coaching, Rocky has spent many years volunteering with Special Olympics Ireland as a coach at local club level and also with Special Olympics Ireland training and leading large volunteer teams for International, National and Regional Games. It was this passion for working with these very special people that inspired her to leave the Corporate world to explore opportunities to work with and develop leaders across all business sectors.