Start date: 02 March 2020
Duration: 7 Days (once a week on Monday) March 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th and April 6th and 20th 9am-5.30pm
Location: The Mill Enterprise Hub, New Road Link, Greenhills, Drogheda, Co Louth
Cost: RRP €2995 Non-Member €1499 Member €1272 Fee will inc tea/coffee & Light Lunch
This course will run for one day a week for 7 days on the following dates: March 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th and April 6th and 20th. This course is a Business Management and Leadership Programme which is accredited by QQI (Quality & Qualifications Ireland) at Level 6, Minor Award. 16 participants will be selected for this programme, which will fast track female led businesses, to develop their business and leadership skills, achieve scale and create employment. Participants will be given the knowledge, skills and understanding to commercialise sustainable and profitable products and services that customers need and want.
The Illumination of the Newgrange solstice was first seen over 5000 years ago. The definition of Illumination is “to make lucid or clear, or to throw light on a subject”. This course continues a tradition of creativity and innovation, as participants will be guided by Ireland’s most experienced tutors, and will develop a Business Case Model that will act as a practical guide to direct their business.
Six trainers will deliver 12 modules. At the end of the course participants will be required to complete a mandatory assignment, for QQI exams. For the assignment participants will be asked to submit a completed Business Model Canvas (the criteria for scoring will be advised on day 1 of the programme) and on Day 7 each participant will be presenting an Investor Pitch to Assessors (scoring will be advised).
Certificates of completion will be presented on Day 7, and all participants will automatically become part of the DCU Ryan Academy Female Entrepreneurship network which will enable them to attend all networking events organized by the DCU Ryan Academy.
All participants on this course will have the option to avail of a hot desk for FREE at The Mill Enterprise Hub during course. That is an additional value of €320 and will give you an opportunity to co-operate and work together with other trainees.
Think like an entrepreneur
Business plan for your business environment
Identify your market and customer and create a marketing plan
Be aware of how to project manage and business risk manage
Create a sales strategy
Understand financial management
Learn how to choose, lead and build your team
Know the legalities of setting up your business
Learn how to sustain and grow your business
Prepare and practice your pitch for your business
Who is the course for
We are looking for female participants who are currently considering setting up a business, or who have been in business for the past 2 years.
Module 1: Introduction to Entrepreneurship & Business Management
- Tradesperson or Business Owner?
- Challenges in managing & growing a small business
- Growth & diversification
- Thinking like an Entrepreneur
Module 2: Business Planning for your Business Environment,
- Challenge of a changing business environment
- What is Strategy?
- Why write a business plan?
- Business environment analysis tools – what they are and how to use them
- Identifying and implementing a sustainable business model
Module 3: Marketing Management & Branding
- What is marketing?
- Identifying your market and your customer
- Market Segmentation
- The marketing mix
- Social Media
- Digital Marketing
Module 4: Project Management
Module 5: Business Risk Management
Module 6: Sales Strategy & Process,
- Sales Strategy
- Design & Implementation of sales processes
- How & What we do in Sales for the Organisation
- Creating the Sales Pipeline
- Goals, measures and Accountability
Module 7: Financial Management, Funding Models & Revenue
- Accounts for Business
- Overview of Revenue Requirements
- Cash flow
- Benchmarking & Valuing Business Performance
- Sources of funding
Module 8: Leadership Styles: Building your Team,
- Identifying and Allocating key Roles in your Team
- Founders, employees, mission, intent, values. Managing a growing business.
- Why is EQ essential in Team Building & Leadership
- Why is emotional capital so powerful in building your team and sustaining successful businesses
Module 9: Legal for Start Ups
Module 10: Sustaining & Growing your Business,
- Managing the Now and Planning for the Future
- Sources of Funding
- Prospects and opportunities for the construction sector
- The innovation process described
- Sustaining for growth
Module 11: Pitch Preparation for Skills Demonstration
- The Problem you Solve
- Who you are?
- What you do?
- Practice your Business Plan Pitch
Module 12: Skills Demonstration – ‘Investor Pitch’ to Panel, Certificate Ceremony & Final Wrap Up.