Good writing skills are an important part of any communication. Nearly all professions require some form of written communication as part of the job. Creating a good first impression through your written work is just as important as creating a good first impression in person.
There are all sorts of occasions when you might need to write something in business, whether it’s to write a letter to a client, send an email, persuade your colleagues of your new idea, give a project update, prepare a presentation, write a report or social media post, etc.
Yet, there are few things less inspiring than a dull report, and poor writing skills can prevent your message getting across. Given the right training and tools though, you can bring any topic to life as a skilled writer; communicating, influencing, persuading and engaging people to get your point across.
Common concerns we hear include:
• How do I start writing when I’m just staring at a blank screen?
• How do I write clearly and concisely?
• How do I create a structure that makes sense to the reader?
• How can I make sure that my grammar, spelling and punctuation is accurate?
This course will introduce you to the essentials of good business writing, with tools and techniques to help you produce clear, concise and well-structured written communications - getting it right first time.
Create your writing to secure sales, engage with your audience and create loyal customers. Learn how to use words to create a mood, to encourage your audience to visualise and to grab your readers’ attention. Ensure that you choose the correct words, language and descriptions to use to increase your client following and your business. Learn how to write succinctly and to make every word count. Learn how to reinvent your words, increase your language skills, and how to create sparkling images and sensory experiences for your clients.
By the end of the course each learner will learn how
- To Identify different types of business writing and their uses
- To Identify the correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and presentation when writing for business
- To use plain English to put across a clear and concise message
- Words function to support the senses.
- Words grab the client into a perception through the senses.
- To Write it Right – the importance of grammar, spelling, punctuation and presentation
- To measure your words through correct sentence structure for impact.
- To evoke a memory in the client related to each word
- To make the client have an experience.
- To adapt your writing style to the needs of the reader
- To structuring your document
- To editing and review your work|
Who is the course for
This course is aimed at anyone who would like to refresh their business writing skills or understand how to write more concisely and/or with more impact, for example when writing: Letters/Emails/Short Reports/Social Media Posts/email- marketing /Advertorials/Adverts/Press Releases etc
- Choice and Use of Words
- Forming Sentences
- Evoking Sensory Feelings and Memories
- Creating an Experience and Engaging the Client