The 2-Day course will give learners the essential skills required to work as an inspirational coach and the tools and techniques needed to give feedback in a productive yet honest way.
Although giving feedback should be a positive thing where the employee feels valued and motivated, in reality this is not always the outcome. However, if done well, stress and conflict are significantly reduced and the overall objectives of the team are met.
During the course learners will also discover their individual coaching style and identify key areas to work on to develop their abilities.
This course will run on Monday 7th October and Tuesday 8th October 2019
By the end of the course each learner will be able to:
- Understand their role as a coach in developing others
- Confidently structure coaching arrangements and coaching meetings
- Improve their communication skills and remain fair and consistent with all staff
- Make use of the latest coaching models and styles
- Understand the impact body language has on the communication process
- Deliver honest feedback in a motivating manner
- Gain confidence in giving constructive criticism
- Have a personal action plan to apply learning back on the job
Who is the course for
This course is suitable for any team leader, supervisor, manager, hr personnel or business owner. For any person who is tasked with the responsibility of coaching and appraising others.
TOPIC 1: WHAT IS WORKPLACE COACHING?
- The role of the coach
- Differences between coaching and mentoring
- Coaching framework
TOPIC 2: SKILLS OF A COACH
- Communication and building rapport
- Giving positive feedback
- Constructively challenging
TOPIC 3: COACHING TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES
- Wheel, TGROW& TEFCAS
TOPIC 4: PREPARING FOR A COACHING SESSION
- Information gathering – previous sessions/managers input etc.
- Importance of giving notice; fairness; equality;
- Candidate Rating Pitfalls – Halo-Effect; Negative Effect; Central Tendency; etc.
- Setting SMART goals
TOPIC 5: FACILITATING COACHING SESSIONS
- Goal Setting
- Session format
- Building Self-Awareness and confidence to succeed
TOPIC 6: GIVING FEEDBACK
- Understanding different personality types
- Engaging the professional brain rather than the emotive brain
- Strategy for managing the conversation – T.A.L.K (Take Charge, Affirm, Listen, Keep Respect in Mind)
- Hot phrases and words to avoid
- Ending on a positive note