Drogheda Chamber M1Skillnet is inviting applications for the position of
M1Skillnet – Project Assistant
The deadline for applications is 8th of June 2023
To assist in the delivery of the day-to-day operations of the M1Skillnet and carry out all
necessary tasks to ensure the project objectives are met and all governance procedures are followed appropriately. Work closely with the Network Manager in specific projects to drive the further development of the network and to deliver high quality approved training.
• Communication Support
• Be the initial point of contact for network enquiries, handle general queries and requests for information and follow up on more specific queries in consultation with the Network Manager.
• Maintain and update the project website.
• Support the preparation of content for various publications regarding activity within the network including updating social media and the monthly e-newsletter circulation.
• Co-ordinate and administer events and other promotional activities as identified in the annual plan.
• Carry out reporting duties for the network steering committee and advisory groups as assigned.
• Prepare marketing materials for the Network ensuring they adhere to all branding guidelines.
• Handle booking enquiries and follow up with course confirmation details with both trainees and training providers.
• Ensure training providers are clear regarding reporting requirements for their programmes.
• Data management – ensure all data is collected, collated, and inputted to meet funding body requirements, maintain all appropriate records in an orderly manner and ensure compliance with data protection legislation.
• Deliver reports to the Network Manager as required.
Other key tasks:
• Draft and format documents and presentations as assigned.
• Provide input into operational and future plans for the network.
• Carry out assigned Network Manager duties in his or her absence.
• Carry out other duties as identified and agreed with the Network Manager that are appropriate to the overall purpose of the role.
NOTE: This list is not exhaustive but serves to reflect the nature of the duties included in the role.
Qualifications, skills and experience
• Third Level (Preferable)
• Desirable – Business/Marketing/HR and/or Learning and Development qualification and/or 3 plus years’ experience.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of skills development for Irelands economic future.
• Has a knowledge of the operational practicalities of delivering training and development activity.
• Understands the role marketing activity plays in ensuring the success of a Skillnets network.
• Shows an awareness of the potential value the project can deliver to M1Skillnet members.
• Project experience – ideally in a training/event/project management context or a busy environment where initiative, flexibility, customer service and organisation skills were demonstrated.
• Business to business customer experience.
• Experience of working in a target driven environment.
• Marketing and promotional experience, e.g. digital, website, promotional publications.
• Working with large amounts of data.
• Working in a small team environment.
• Experience in training activity desirable.
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong communicator using telephone, email and social media.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and identify potential short falls.
• Demonstrates ability to use initiative and judgement in the role.
• Excellent IT skills especially access, excel, word and PowerPoint.
• Strong ability to multitask and work to deadlines.
• Professional and engaging demeanour.
• Highly organised and motivated
• Solutions focused, enthusiastic with a can-do attitude.
• Flexible – in terms of range of tasks, willingness to work outside of normal working hours.
• Office and out of office work is necessary.
TO APPLY – email CV to email@example.com.
M1Skillnet is an equal opportunity employer.